Fabric Structures for Aviation Maintenance
Tensioned fabric structures from Big Top Manufacturing are the ultimate solution when maintenance work must be completed in the field, or when all permanent maintenance bays are full. These maintenance structures are available in several standard sizes and can be ordered to custom specifications. They are also specialized for several industries, including aviation, marine, military, construction and warehousing.
Why a Maintenance Fabric Structure?
Big Top maintenance fabric structures provide protection for vehicles, equipment and personnel during routine maintenance and repair work. This prevents sensitive mechanical equipment and vehicles from being exposed to elements that can cause corrosion while allowing maintenance crews to work through any weather conditions. Here are just a few of the many industries that have experienced the benefits of our versatile fabric structures:
- AVIATION – Along with hangars and terminal buildings, maintenance structures are one of the three major types of Big Top fabric structures used in the aviation industry.
- MARINE – Big Top fabric structures are well suited to the marine industry. They can be built over dry land or water, and can use shipping containers for sidewalls.
- MILITARY – The U.S. military contracts with Big Top for large area maintenance structures (LAMS) that can be transported and quickly deployed wherever needed.
- CONSTRUCTION – Construction work cannot take place without vehicles and heavy equipment, and performing necessary maintenance onsite saves time and money.
- WAREHOUSING – Delivery trucks and forklifts are necessary in nearly every warehouse, and having a dedicated maintenance facility prevents valuable warehouse space from being repurposed.
Features of Big Top Maintenance Structures
Big Top maintenance structures are temporary or semi-permanent buildings that use a tensioned-fabric design. The frames are comprised of galvanized steel tubing and pre hot-dipped in zinc to resist corrosion. The fabric is made of 18-oz., 22-oz. or 28-oz. PVC and has an expected lifespan of 10 to 20+ years. With typical care and maintenance, our expertly designed and constructed fabric structures can last much longer.
Our fabric resists all types of weather, and our translucent fabric allows light to filter into the enclosure. In addition, these structures support a variety of entryways and ancillary systems, including climate controls, HVAC systems and electrical lighting. Whatever your unique needs, Big Top has many options to best meet the demands of your fabric structure.